Tuesday 21 February 2012

Freedom of Expression

While I was reading the article, Media in Morrocco especially Journalism I got sympathized with the writer. However, I had another point of view. If any one of us was crossing a mendicant in the road, wouldn’t he or she be giving him money or some help of another kind? That may mean that I am discouraging him from having his or her own employment, or helping him or her until s/he find her own. However, it might not be the case; we as Muslims, as supposed to be, tend to have that spirit of mercy and empathy towards others, the love of giving and forgiving.
To illustrate the case more vividly, I may be calling upon that the caricature of the prophet Mohamed or the one of the king Mohamed VI. Why would I harm anybody in anyway, while I want nobody to touch me even in the fairest way? My freedom stops there where your freedom begins. Rather than this jeopardy of expression, all I can recall about this person is that since his leadership in morocco, we have seen a great change in morocco, and I should be acknowledging that: economically, socially, politically,… we have seen that the Moroccan citizen has come to fit and live adequately in his/her environment compared to before, comprehensively. I am saying that because that is what I know, I don’t want him to give me charity and I will not be afraid of him if I had the opposite to say; but I will owe him respect as I respect myself. I don’t mean by that we have reached our comfortable seats of wellbeing; we are still in our embryonic stage of development but we needn’t to burn stages feeling it easy to blame only the others. We, Moroccans, as a population holds also 60% of the responsibility, we are a lazy and unproductive society, and as we say in our Moroccan dialect “we want everything without doing anything”; and that is another subject.
Many of us perceive the government (the parliament) and the king to be one entity moving in the same harmony and having the same objectives- at least what 2M and RTM tries to persuade us about. However, they tend to forget that each may be pulling to different directions: some may be looking for paralyzed morocco, a sheep population in order to reign and benefit from the many of its resources. Others may be just negotiating about a suitable context to avoid provoking national chaos. Many of us generalize the blame without knowing, because it easy to blame; it is “to open mouths”.
To conclude I will just say, that the notion of freedom of expression may be exploited by some entities to actually manipulate the “masses”*, not to make them aware about their welfare. Then those masses happy be to be given the chance of feeling heroes, blindly, subliminally follow a revolutionary spirit and action without knowing.
*I have utilized the word masses, because as long as we follow some instinctive reflex ions, carefully studied and deducted by some elite’ sociologist centuries ago, we are elevated to say nothing but masses.
Maria El fikri.
“We cannot expect people to have respect for law and order until we teach respect to those we have entrusted to enforce those laws.”
Hunter S. Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment